Friday 28 February 2014

Party at Thatcher's?

A trip to Grantham beckons tomorrow, again following the super Blues, Whitby Town. But, what is Grantham famous for? Well, a number of things as it happens. There's the Gingerbread for a start, but I'm about to ruin it for you... I'll tell you something that may put you off for a long time. It's the birthplace of a certain ex-Prime Minister. The 'Iron Lady' herself, Margaret Thatcher...

This could provide issue for a few travelling fans. The fact that, up here in t'North, we don't really like her too much is in issue in itself. In fact, in certain areas, her death was celebrated rather than mourned, with songs such as 'Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead' racing up the charts. A mark of respect? Hell no, but that's the kind of woman she was to many in this part of the country. I personally didn't celebrate her death. I can only listen to stories of what she did, so I can't really judge, but, I can only assume she wasn't the nicest person ever, going by the reaction in the North...
The "Iron Lady" - The least popular person ever in the North...
Grantham's ground, in itself, isn't a place I like. I'm really not keen on the running track around the pitch, and the number of chavs roaming about the place. In fact, the calibre of the ground itself is summed up by a news article from a couple of years ago, that detailed the fact that a dead body had been found at the ground. So, a running track, chavs, and a dead body. What could possibly go wrong? I just want to win, and to get out of there. Just a simple ask, I feel. Don't even get me started on Jamie Jackson...
The theatre of running, chavs and dead bodies... Such fun.
I'm going to cut myself off here tonight. In all honesty, I'd say tonight saw the worst game of football I've played in my life. My mind was elsewhere, and it showed. Two things I need at the moment... Focus and confidence... And, well, I have neither at the minute. Hence the poor performance, and yet more bottling... Here's a different milk bottle or 8 this time... Shake things up a bit...
Numerous occasions of bottling...
Until the next time (I promise not to moan... Well, I'll try not to...),
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment