Monday 24 February 2014

If Aidan scores, we're on the pitch.

So, only 33 days until the official start of British Summertime. Don't worry, I use the word 'summertime' loosely. Only a short update tonight. Blame my phone for finally giving up on me. 

After such a good summer last year, it's nailed on to be an awful summer this year, to coincide with England's poor displays in various, crumbling, unfinished stadiums. As you can tell, I really am a glass half full kind of guy.

The reason I mention the unfinished stadiums is because I keep seeing them all over the news. Why choose these countries that are struggling to meet the criteria for a World Cup? How many countries across the world have the infrastructure in place? Just look at this country. A few minor changes and we're ready for a World Cup. Just don't rebuild Wembley again, we all know it won't be done on time... I'm still not convinced that it's finished now...
"Sorry it's not quite finished lads, just play round the cranes..."
Talking of glass half full, I was confident going into Norfolk 'N' Good's Mundial match tonight, mainly because we'd finally found a team worse than us in the Victoria Hotel. The Tangerines, our new, unofficial nickname, came out firmly on top, winning 4-1. In fact, I'm disappointed we conceded one, and quite frankly amazed that Aidan, the Football Mundial equivalent of Billy 'Barn Door' Paynter, scored for us. I think the world is going to implode, and very soon.
Billy, you have competition...
Until next time 'n' all that,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment