Wednesday 26 February 2014

Never let Stevie loose with the kit designs...

Football kits. You're stuck with a particular one for the season. You can't change it until next season, and you have to bear a) grown men wearing it proudly whilst looking like morons and b) your team wearing it, week in, week out.

Luckily for Scotland, they probably won't be using their away effort too often. Mainly because they won't have too much need for it, but also because I can see players refusing to wear it. This attempt at a "football shirt" really is the worst I've seen for a very long time. You know those fruit salad sweets? Take one of those, and you've got Scotland's away shirt. They can just have independence now. I'm not keen on being associated with people wearing that... It really makes you wonder if they've let Stevie Wonder loose with the kit designs...
"Smile for the camera lads. It's only a joke, right?"
Another hideous effort is Leeds United's away kit this season, and the embarrassing thing here is, I actually bought it. The "gold" effort really wouldn't look out of place in your Gran's living room. I'll be honest, I really don't know why I bought it. I guess I thought it would look good with El-Hadji Diouf's name on the back, it's his kind of shirt I guess.
Even the players don't enjoy wearing it, as the 5 away wins suggest...
I saw today that Louis Tomlimson is due to make his debut for Doncaster Rovers in a reserve game. The ticket sales have "swelled" to 5,200 for the game, against Rotherham United's reserves. Doncaster have even produced a Matchday Programme... FOR A RESERVE GAME. All I will say is, one tackle, and we could see scenes similar to those below... I do feel sorry for Doncaster though, they'll have one hell of mess to clean up in the morning...
He cries when he wants...
Until next time,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment