Monday 3 March 2014

Just another manic Monday

I don't do Mondays. It's all well and good saying "oh, it's just another day". No it isn't. It's the day that is always bad. Or it is for me, at least.

Firstly though, I must apologise for no blogs over the weekend. It's not been a great one, but I will touch upon it later. Expect a poor Whitby performance... The worst since West Auckland away? It has been suggested...
West Auckland away... The worst Whitby performance I've ever seen.
Anyway, back to Monday. Well, it's been a strange day. I awoke to my Grandma leaving to go back to Weymouth. It's been nice to see her. I don't often get to, so it's good to just spend time with her more than anything. If truth be told though, I woke up, and just thought the same as everyone else... That thought: 'do I really have to do this? Do I really have to wake up and do another whole week?' It's the worst feeling ever. I for one hate it, and I'm sure that you do too...

A noticeable feature of the day has been people asking what has been wrong... Well, a lot has been wrong, but I'm not exactly one to talk. People, it's nothing to worry about. It's Monday, and I was having a bad day. It's not a problem. Thank you for caring, though.
Similar to me trying to get out of bed on a Monday morning...
I won't go into too much detail about the Whitby Town match on Saturday. The bus was full again, meaning a strong Whitby following... Unfortunately, the average age of people on the bus was around 60, meaning the noise levels weren't going to be great. But, the 7 or 8 of us singing did the best we could. If truth be told, it was difficult to get motivated for this game, and that seemed to reflect on the players, as they put on a very lacklustre performance. Something that none of us wanted to see after traveling all that way. Paul Waring once spoke about a certain place about 20 miles away being a nice place to own a gun, the same could be applied to Grantham. We were about 3 miles from the pitch, due to a huge running track around the pitch. Against modern athletics stadiums being used as football grounds... Guess what? I don't like Grantham...
A nice view... If you have a pair of binoculars...
The Oscars last night, and apparently, somebody took a photo... It wasn't just any photo though, it was potentially the most star-studded photo you'll ever see. 3 million retweets though? I'm not sure it was that good. Not everyone was looking at the camera for a start, but 10/10 for effort, although I'm giving them just 6/10 for the final product. It would have scraped another point if Morgan Freeman in there, and another 4 if Billy Paynter popped up in there. Until that happens, It shall remain at a score of 6/10. See, I can pick faults in everything...
At least all look at the camera...
Tonight saw Norfolk 'N' Good return to losing ways. It's good to see that last week was only a blip. Hopefully we'll have a few more of them. In all truth, the 5-2 scoreline doesn't really reflect the performance. We were undone by a mix of some of the best players in the league, and didn't disgrace ourselves. It's better than previous weeks. Just look at the 9-0 defeat to Whitby Whites... We've come a long way. Even if Ben is still a moaning prick...

 Just to finish off, I started reading the Wolf of Wall Street book last Thursday, after watching the film. Trust me, if you're looking for a book to read, choose this one. It's even better than the film, which is excellent aswell. I'd recommend the book (and the film of course) to anyone. Jordan Belfort, you've had one really quite interesting life...
Good film, even better book...
Anyway, that's my lot this time around... Make sure you read 'The Wolf of Wall Street'... Go on, you know you want to,
Until next time,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment