Thursday 6 March 2014

School of Hard Sums

I hate maths, that isn't a secret, in fact it never will be, but Dave has seemingly found a slight antidote.

Fans of topical TV Panel shows will know what I mean by Dave. It's the TV Channel of the Gods. All is there. Mock the Week, Have I Got News For You etc are all repeated there. It truly is a legendary channel in my opinion. In fact, it definitely lives up to its self-set reputation as the 'home of witty banter'.
The true home of Witty Banter
On there tonight was the first in the new series of Dara O'Briain: School of Hard Sums. Now, I hate maths with a passion. I literally danced with joy when I realised that I would never have to study it again. I was the kind of person that would have killed Pythagoras, if he was present at the time of my learning of his theorem.

I'll be honest, I never saw myself gaining any further interest in maths after that point, but when I watch Dara O'Briain's show, I find myself mesmerised. I find myself trying to work out the problems on there, then after it's finished, I go back into my hating maths mode. I can't work out how it happens either. Perhaps it's the whole 'brains vs brawn' thing, or perhaps it's just all down to Dara. He certainly is a great host. 
Dara O'Briain - The God of presenting...
The Upgang Ultra movement is starting to gather pace. More and more people are interested in coming to games, and flags are being designed at a rapid rate. We should have our first flag ready for Saturday, and hopefully another, a Paddy Spenceley tribute, will be going on order next week. If we pack the Shed and spread the word, the Ultras movement will really take off, I'm sure of it.
Paddy Spenceley - A Whitby Town legend
Until next time,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment