Wednesday 5 March 2014

Magic

As the Coldplay fans amongst you will know, Monday saw the release of Coldplay's new single, 'Magic'.

A couple of years ago, I was, I'll admit, insanely jealous of my good friend Mike, who saw Coldplay at the Stadium of Light (I think? Mike?!) in their Mylo Xyloto. That was way back in 2011. It's been that long since a Coldplay single or album, believe it or not... Way too long for me, and I'm sure that quite a few will agree.
The last album... A great album...


Coldplay have been very sporadic in music release since Mylo Xyloto. We've seen 'Atlas', their contribution to 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' soundtrack. As ever, that was excellent, and suited an excellent film. We also saw the random release of 'Midnight'. It came from nowhere. But, we had some warning for 'Magic', and the wait, and build-up to a new single and album, has been worth it. 'Magic' hasn't failed to impress. As ever, it's an excellent effort by Coldplay. Roll on May 19th, the album is going to be fantastic, I'm sure of it.
Surprise single after surprise single... What next Coldplay?
I'll be posting an article later on, about the Upgang Ultras' campaign to 'pack the Shed and back the Blues'. Keep an eye out for it please, we need a lot of support. We have one last throw of the dice at the play-offs this weekend. There's still a faint dream of getting in there, but we're close to falling out of the mix. A loud backing, with a packed shed can make all the difference!
A full shed - A massive advantage to Whitby Town
England are playing Denmark, literally as I type. Kasper Schmeichel is in goal for the Danes, and I can't help but wonder one thing... What the hell has he done to his face? That beard is awful. The worst thing is that his dad is openly in support of the beard. He's even grown one too! I thought a parent was meant to prevent you from doing daft things? Not encourage you to do stupid things? You've dropped a clanger with that beard Kasper (and Peter), trust me. I preferred the clean-shaven Kasper Schmeichel of Leeds United, way back in the 10/11 season. No homo there, by the way. I just think the beard is awful.
Wembley selfie, awful beards.
Anyway, until next time, and a beardless blog (hopefully),
Paul.

1 comment:

  1. The album was released in December 2011, the tour was in June 2012 (stadium of shite). What a brilliant night! Already preordered the new album, and the song is good!

    ReplyDelete